01 July 2009

Cameroon it is!

The trip to Mauritania was just cancelled a few days ago. I really did not expect a call from the Peace Corps. My messge went something like this: "There is urgent news regarding your service in Mauritania. Please call back". Oh no, really not a good sign. I know this from when it was postponed.

I call back and they tell me that the Mauritania government was still not issueing visas to Americans. This came as no surprise since we were not expecting them until after the July elections. But then the news kept coming. Unfortunately the trip was being CANCELLED!!! So I am just starting my road trip and I have this news. Now what do I do. Well they are working on reassigning us.

So a few days later, but what felt like a whole month later, I received my new assignment. Here is a quick run down:

Country: Cameroon
Program: Community Health
Job: Community Development Agent
Date of Departure: September 17, 2009

I will post more later/soon when I have the chance. For today I am heading to Hot Springs with Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment