01 January 2010

Flat Stanley



Above is a picture of myself with another volunteer and two Cameroonians along with Flat Stanley. This is a project in which I decorated the cut out with Cameroonian clothes - specifically a pagna dress - and I am sending it to the girl in North Carolina who originally sent me her Flat Stanley. I hope that Flat Stanley makes it back to the states safe and sound.

In other news, Christmas and New Years have been good here in Cameroon. I definitely miss everyone.

I am figuring out what my place is at the health center and how I can help out my community the most. I am hoping to give a presentation on clean water for the next set of vaccination days and prenatal consultations. And I have started taking lessons in the local language. I must say that it is very difficult and I am not sure if I will ever really get much more than the greetings. But I am going to work on it and keep practicing. I have two years to figure it out.

Soon I am going to try and put up more pictures of my post and the health center.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder how Flat Stanley is doing. He spent a week with us a few years ago and he had mentioned at that time that he would like to visit Africa. I'm glad he's reaching his goals.

    You look wonderful! Kevin said that you found a new place to live where a garden might work out. That's great. The presentations on clean water sound interesting. We surely take a lot for granted over here. I actually just had a new kitchen sink put in and the faucets hum when they're turned on. It was driving me crazy but now that I think of it it's not such a big deal. The water is clean. No worries.

    Be safe. Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete