27 November 2009

New Address

Bonjour tout le monde!

Happy Thanksgiving one day later. We had our own little holiday here at our training center with a melange of Cameroonian and American food. It was a great night to spend with the whole stage community. I also just want to say that I am really thankful for my family, friends, and everyone else who is supporting me. I miss the tradition of saying what everyone is thankful for one by one around the table. But anyway...THANK YOU for everything!

I have a new address for the next two years of my life. So please send me letters because I love having paper and words on it from all the people I care about. Here is my new address:

Christina Stegura
Peace Corps Volunteer
Corps de la Paix
B.P. 39
Mbouda, Cameroon
Par Avion

A few updates

I placed into the needed french level finally. Officially I am at an advanced low level in french! Who knew? But actually my french is getting much better and over the past week things have just seemed to click finally. I feel like I can talk to my family and my community in french. I am quite enjoying franglish - basically adding lots of french words into my normal english vocabulary (ex. Oh they are just kids, they derange. Which essentially means that they annoy.) Side note, children here are all considered to derange, it is a fundamental part of being a kid.

Stage is basically almost over! Hooray for that. We have a technical test on monday to review all of the health information that we have learned. Then we swear in on wednesday. That is when I will officially start my service as a volunteer. Thursday I will leave for my post and move into my new place. For now I will be staying at the health center, but looking for a new more permanent house.

2 comments:

  1. We all miss you too! We had some good Cameroonian fruit salad in your honor.

    Thanks for the new address, expect letters soon!

    -The Steguras

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I know some adults who also derange.

    Please know that you were very much in my heart as I counted my blessings on Thanksgiving.

    Be safe.

    Joan

    Also, I made the above comment but it appeared as Kevin's comment so I deleted it. Now it looks like Kevin erased it. Don't know why but oh well. Let me try this again.

    ReplyDelete